Suggested Interview Questions
1. You say there are three fairly distinct phases of menopause: the premenopausal
years, the menopausal climax years, and the postmenopausal years. Can
you talk more about the three phases, what characterizes them, and how
2. The medical community is wary of herbal medicine, particularly because
it is a largely unregulated industry with few assurances of safety for
consumers. How safe are herbs?
3. Have there been major developments or revelations in the last ten years
about women's health and menopause that you felt compelled to add to this
4. Are physicians and gynecologists generally well informed about women's
health and menopause? And in turn, are midlife women getting fully informed
about their health?
5. What is the biggest misconception that younger women have about menopause?
6. You were a vocal opponent of hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, over
ten years ago. Now some of the medical community has come to agree with
your viewpoint about the dangers to women's long-term health. Is HRT ever
a good idea for post-menopausal women, and if not, why are doctors still
7. On a related topic, you recommend against using progesterone cream,
which has been successfully marketed to millions of women. What do you
have against it?
8. What, in your view, is causing the upswing in diagnosed cases of thyroid
problems among middle-aged women?
9. Are mammograms safe?
10. How did you get interested in herbal medicine?
back to press kit
Susun Weed -Wise Woman Center